Sunday, January 19, 2014

Assignment #1: Re-introduce and Learning Goals

Hey readers, here's what'll be in this post:
1) A quick reminder of who I am.
2) My learning goals for this class.

First off, I'm Richard S. Arenal-Mullen II. I am in my second year of teaching English and math. I graduated from Georgia Southern University with a B.S. in middle grades education. I won teacher of the year this year and am wearing hats on top of hats on top of hats at my school.

On to my learning goals!

For this class, I hope to be able to maintain my PLN, now that I know what one is. My school is working to create something like a PLN with all the faculty. It is mostly in its infant stage at this point; people still working out the kinks, mostly a loose social network using Google as a foundation.  So, I hope that with the creation of a PLN I can help my school develop a better network of professionals and ideas.
I also hope that this class will help me stay on top of all things educational. I had attempted to start a professional network, as it were, a little while ago. But, it never got off the ground and I never remembered to keep it updated. Using this PLN, I can attempt to incorporate more up-to-date educational materials.
Lastly, I hope that through this class, I can extend my professional network. If I am able to extend my personal network, I can gain new ideas and lessons for use in the classroom.

I suppose that's about it for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment